Friday, November 19, 2010

Assignment 5: Appropriation

My topic for this is "communication breakdown"

I am talking about the breakdown of communication within a family. This was something I feel that I experience in my own family.

Everyone suppresses their ill feelings, they are unable to share with each other and turn to various other means to vent their feelings. The girl blogs, the boy vents it by playing computer games, the mother writes a diary, the grandma talks to her friends, the father devotes his energy to work.

This is sad when the family is supposed to be your pillar of strength and support, but at the end they become just people you have to live with and not step on each others' toes.

Their lips are sewn shut. And even though they look like a cohesive family at the dinner table, they are actually people who cannot share things with each other.

Therefore it is desaturated. To show that it is not real.



No comments:

Post a Comment